Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Post Holiday

Hello everyone,

It seems that I only ever find time to write a post at the beginning of every semester. So the last one came and went, and now here I am starting another semester, which brings me to this blog. As previously noted, twitter has been the culprit for the lack of quality writing in my life, not to mention the hectic schedule that I had to keep the past couple of months. I trust that everyone's had a wonderful holiday. Christmas, Hannukah or whatever it is you are celebrating, and of course New Year. 

I realized from reading my last blog post that so much has happened since I last wrote so I thought it's a new year and perhaps a little update won't hurt. I guess the biggest one so far is that I quit my other job after two and a half weeks. It was very stressful working so early in the mornings and I just couldn't cope. Fortunately, I got accepted into another job on campus and it's definitely up my alley in terms of meeting people, better hours and just way more fun. I'm currently working as a Front of House staff at the Performing Arts Center on campus and basically, I get paid to talk to people and watch the show. I've had a very busy semester, school-wise, but a wonderful winter break. Although it was not spent with family, I had a great time in the company of friends.

But what really brings me back to this blog is the fact that I am currently taking an Anthropology of Media class which discusses the different types of media used today and their social context. I'm not quite sure yet what the class will be about, but it seemed interesting enough. The course description so far has mentioned, a bunch of articles to read, essays to write, films to watch, blogs to keep up and such. 

All in all, I'm looking forward to blogging more this year (perhaps that's a new year's resolution right there) and just keeping up with other things other than school, work and Zumba. It's always good to strike a balance between different things, something I've never been good at. Here's to a better and balanced year.

I wish everyone happiness, health and an amazing 2012! 



No comments:

Post a Comment