Monday, 20 June 2011

My Things To-Do List for a Summer at Home and the Search for Elephants.

Thus far, most of my Philippine vacation has consisted of being cooped up in the house, listening to the constant hammering and sawing, as the house undergoes a much needed renovation. Despite this partial imprisonment, the time at home has been spent (probably misspent), by browsing the world wide web and updating myself on celebrity gossip. If you may ask, Facebook has of course not been lost in this mix. My late-night-going-to-bed-early-due-to-jet-lag fix, consists of going on MSN and reading the latest happenings with the one and only mothership who is an aficionado for such things. I've been told this is how she spends the better part of her days, or should I say nights, before she goes to sleep.

I started this blog a month or two ago, with no real purpose other than an occasional source of entertainment, a page to rant or just a narcissistic idea of writing about myself and my better days. Well, today I was mentally going through my things to-do list for this summer and one of the things on that list is to read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. As I passed by YVR and HKG airports, on my way home to MNL, I looked for the book at every bookstore (mind you I must have searched at around six different bookstores), with no success. Either I was not looking in the right place, since I was just browsing the front displays, or the waves of jet-lag were upon me. I can definitely say that when I reached HKG, I was pooched after only snoozing for 2 hours on the plane. The flight was spent watching Shutter Island, Green Hornet and re-watching Hall Pass, as well as getting a chapter of my summer course out of the way and somehow spilling a glass of water on the guy sitting next to me-- yes, I am THAT person. Going back to Water for Elephants, I can honestly say that my hunt for the book resulted with boxes of maple cookies, bags of nougats and a tube of mascara. Oh well, I'll try PowerBooks sometime this week. 

For now, I will spend the rest of my day thinking about my Summer to-do list and perhaps crossing off "get nails done". 
In the meantime, I hope everyone's enjoying their respective summer's wherever they may be! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment